Sunday, February 3, 2013

Review: Tight Knit by Allie Brennan

Talia Gregory relies on her Nan for everything, especially helping her calm the anxiety that controls her life. But Nan gets sick, and it couldn’t be worse timing. Talia’s panic attacks are getting worse, her boyfriend is a jerk, her best friend is distant, her parents are more absent than usual and she’s stuck planning the Cozy Christmas Charity Drive for her knitting group in place of Nan. If that’s not panic inducing enough, enter Lachlan.

Lachlan McCreedy doesn’t rely on anyone. Not after what he’s been through. It’s him and Gram, nothing else matters but keeping his past buried, and his secrets hidden. So when Gram forces him to help with her Christmas sale, Talia is the last thing he expected, and trusting her with his secrets comes as a shock to both of them. But when he unexpectedly falls for her, the question becomes can he trust her with his heart?

~Mature YA~>




Review:

Plot:

AHHHHHHH. I love this book so much...*flails* I've been wanting to read it by the time Allie posted the GR page link on Twitter, and I read the summary. And the cover...it's so pretty!! I think that's what Talia looks like!

The plot was short and sweet, and it was amazing. One of the best Comtemps. I've read. And the double POV was very well written!

Characters:

I love real life people, I love seeing a heroine that isn't all tough all the time, and never cries. Talia cries, and do I care? No, I cry about stuff, I cry about stupid stuff, it's a human thing to do, and I loved that about Talia. I loved how she conquered her fears, and found happiness. And how she loved to knit!! I love reading about girls who have passions about something, it makes the reading a lot more enjoyable!

Lachlan wasn't your typical bad boy. Not like those bad boys in other books that are just...moody and have tattoos. Lachlan had a reason why he was moody and had tattoos. He was real. And I liked that a lot. I loved how by the end of the story, he was trying to overcome all this problems. <3

And the grandmas!! LOVED them! They stuck up for their grandchildren when on one else would. They were really close to what REAL grandmas are like.

Along with the rest of the cast, it was an awesome character set. I think I would want to be friends with all these people!! (including Deacon. lol)

Romance:

Since it was a novella, the romance happened pretty quick, not that I minded. Talia and Lachlan were meant for each other!! To the playful flirting to the first kiss, to the next kiss. I just loved the romance.

But by one complaint was how after knowing each other for only a short time, (and not being married) they went a little too far. The book didn't need that, sure they needed each other, but they didn't need to go that far. The book would be amazing without it!

And the nickname Lachlan has for Talia! "Hat Girl" LOVE IT. And how she calls him bad boy. Yeah, that was pretty awesome.

Writing:

I have no complaints about this writing, it totally fits in with what I look for in writing. When someone said something, Allie wrote how they said it, and if they did anything while saying it. (that's one of my biggest pet peeves, and she didn't have it AT ALL.)

And how to went back and forth between Talia and Lachlan, she did an amazing job. Lachlan's POV wasn't too boysih, (like visual) it was just right, kind of like a real boy would think.

Wrap up:

I hope there is a book 2, but I need to read it. This was an AWESOME debut novel from Allie, and I can't wait to read what else she's working on!!

Read my swoon from TIGHT KNIT here.

Rating:

5 stars!!

-M.

No comments:

Post a Comment