Sunday, February 17, 2013

Review: Shadows in the Silence by Courtney Allison Moulton

Your strength in heart and hand will fall. . . .
Ellie knows that the darkest moments are still to come, and she has everything to fight for:

She must fight for Will.
The demonic have resorted to their cruelest weapons to put Will in mortal danger, and Ellie makes an unlikely alliance to save him and to stop Lilith and Sammael, who seek to drown the world in blood and tear a hole into Heaven.

She must fight for humanity.
As the armies of Hell rise and gather for the looming End of Days, Ellie and her band of allies travel to the world’s darkest and most ancient regions in her quest to come into her full glory as the archangel Gabriel.

And Ellie must save herself.Her humanity withers beneath the weight of her cold archangel power, but Ellie must hold tight to who she is and who she loves as she prepares for the ultimate battle for Heaven and Earth.

In this final installment in the Angelfire trilogy, Courtney Allison Moulton brings her dark world of epic battles and blistering romance to a blazing bright conclusion.




Review:

Plot:

I've been waiting for this book for a long time. Ever since I finished ANGELFIRE, and then WINGS OF THE WICKED. I needed this book.

Some books at the end of series's don't tie up things very well. But SHADOWS IN THE SILENCE didn't, everything wrapped up. This book was amazing, and I loved it to the very last word.

Characters:

Ellie has always been a heroine that didn't bother me with her strength  like 'I'm big and strong and don't have normal emotions  kind of heroine  Because even though she was an angel once, she was still human. She cried, and was still human. And I loved her for it!

Will has always been a favorite of mine!! He's quiet, yet he knows what he wants, and goes after it. But it always asks permission first. And I love that about him. <3 and he's also seriously cute. So he gets extra points for that. (and don't forget about the tattoos!!)

Cadan wasn't one of my favorite characters, but it was cool to see how Ellie and him got along all through the book. And with Cadan and Will. I think they're going to be great friends. ;)

Along with all the other characters, it was a stellar cast, and I'm going to miss them!!

Romance:

Even though I don't agree with going too far before your married, I wasn't too bugged by Will and Ellie doing it. I thought it was sort of sweet. Even though I'm against that.

Ellie and Will are a perfect couple. And their romance was super sweet!

Writing:

That 'I said' thing happened a lot in this book. But I tried to push past it, and enjoy the story. (and enjoy it I did!!) I love Ellie's way of talking. And how things are described, not to the point where I'm jumping over paragraphs to get on with the story. It was just right!!!

Wrap-up:

I'm cried at the end of the book. It was the perfect ending to a perfect series. You guys need to read this series, ok? Ok.

I hope Courtney writes other things!! Can't wait for more!!

Rating:

5 stars!

-M.


No comments:

Post a Comment