Sunday, February 10, 2013

Review: Sacrifice by Cayla Kluver

This is not the time for the fight to end. Now is when the fight will begin. This is the time to regain what has been lost.Alera

Queen of a fallen kingdom, secretly in love with the enemy.

Shaselle

Daughter of a murdered father, rebel with a cause.

One lives behind the former Hytanican palace walls and walks the razor's edge to keep the fragile peace in her beloved homeland. The other slips through the war-torn streets, seeking retribution for her family's tragedy, following whispers of insurgency.

Both face choices that will separate them from those they cannot help but love. As their stories intertwine, a conspiracy ignites that may end in slavery or death—or lead to freedom anew, if only each can face what must be sacrificed.




Review:

***Tiny spoilers if you haven't read the previous books!!***

Plot:

Cayla Kluver is an amazing writer. This series, LEGACY. Was AH-MAZING. And it's last book was also, AH-MAZING. The way everything ties up at the end, just...no words. And I kept learning things as I went along, things I had forgotten about that went on in the past two books. I just loved SACRIFICE, and the plotting was awesome.

Characters:

I loved the double POV, I think it really went well for the last book. Seeing things from two different girl's perspective. It really worked.

As usual, I love Alera. She started out not as strong in the past books, but by the end of the series, she knew what she wanted, and she was strong. She fought for her country and for those she loved. She is an amazing queen. She totally fought against Hytanican tradition. She is so brave!

Shaselle was so head strong, and I liked that about her. Even though I was freaking out when she didn't listen, I was annoyed with her. She just wanted her country to be free again, and even though she wanted revenge, she wasn't like crazed with it. Like other characters in this book. *cough* Rava *cough*

NARIAN!! MARRY ME! *coughs* sorry...er...yes! He was an amazing character. I've always loved him. Even though he like never lets people in!! I just want to hug him!! And even though he was young, he fit into his role given to him. Just...awesome.

Steldor wasn't a big part in this book, as past. He was mostly in Shaselle's POV. As her cousin, and as someone she looked up to. It was a great side to Steldor, then past books.

Cannan is just an awesome guy. Totally a figure head of what a leader and father, uncle should look like. This guy knew how to be awesome!

Along with many more characters, this cast as killer!

Romance:

One of the things I loved about this series, was how the romance wasn't portrayed a lot. Like Cayla would write, "and I gave him a quick kiss" nothing more. She just kissed him. I liked that. And I didn't get bored with there not being enough romance. Shaselle's love life didn't come until towards the middle of the book, and it was totally worth it. She needed someone who understood her, and wasn't trying to change the way she is.

Writing:

When I started LEGACY, the first book, I was a little tired of how everything was described so well, my imagination did no work, and it was a little annoying. But in the last two books, it calmed down, and I liked that a lot. The writing was amazing, Cayla's tone is just...I don't know how to describe it, but I loved it.  Her waiting is to flawless. Didn't annoy me at all. And that pet peeve, where someone says something but the author doesn't describe how they said it, was in here, but it didn't bother me...Cayla's writing is just amazing!

Wrap-up:

This book made me cry, shout and got my heart racing. There are no words to describe how good this book was.

You guys need to read this series!!

Rating:

5 stars!!!

-M.

No comments:

Post a Comment