Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Quickie Review: The Next Forever by Lisa Burstien

One night in college can change everything…

Away at college, Amy just wants one night alone without her high school sweetheart, Joe. So when he invites her to go to the library, she heads off on her own instead. How she ended up at a house party with the mysterious bad-boy Trevor is another story…

Joe so isn’t going to the library. He needs space from Amy, too, so he’s decided to rush a fraternity, to get back the swagger he had in high school. But it doesn’t take long for the brothers to invite him to the real rush here the beer is flowing and one particular girl has set her eyes on Joe.

Over the course of one wild night, both Amy and Joe will have to decide if their futures belong with two new people, or whether the next forever will have their first loves in it.




Review:

I LOVED Pretty Amy, it totally said what was true, and I think I could save a lot of girls from doing things they shouldn't. It was a great life lesson.

THE NEXT FOREVER wasn't a life lesson, it was a NA Comtemp. Romance, and it was still good! I loved reading Amy and Joe's story.

The only thing that didn't enjoy very much, was how they kept arguing with themselves throughout the whole book, they weren't sure what they wanted, and they were having a hard time figuring out what they wanted, so through the whole book, it was them arguing with themselves.

Now, I'm not an adult yet, I'm still a teen, a young teen at that, and maybe I just didn't understand that. (most likely)

But the ending did it in for me, it was such a happy ending, and I hope we get to read more about Joe and Amy in the future!! And the cover...woooeee...;)

Rating:

4 stars!

-M.

No comments:

Post a Comment